Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Assessing the Damage

I got on the scale this morning and I figure I put on about 5 pounds over the last week or so. Not great but not terrible. We had class on Thr and I covered BJJ. There was an interesting mix in class on Thr, actually it was my first all girls class :) AQ was invaluable as a training partner for one of the newer girls to the club. We also had a new face in Judo, both very positive signs.

I have not trained as hard as I wanted to the past week, but I got a few good days in.

I got a garage workout in over the weekend (which was a killer), no class on Mon due to the weather (but lots of shoving), pre-class kettle bell workout on Tue followed by Tue BJJ and a light kettle bell workout Wed night. As I start heading into the new year I need to really up the intensity of my workouts to get ready the the tournaments I want to do. Getting to more classes is going to be extremly difficult so I need to make the classes I do get to really really count. I also need to buckle down on the off night training routine and make it a MUST due on non-class nights.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, five pounds is manageable.

    Unfortunately, I gained 10 pounds over Thanksgiving weekend so I had to work double time to carve off the weight and make it through Christmas unscarred. I managed to drop five pounds before my BJJ school closed for the X-mas holiday though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. about "I need to make the classes I do get to really really count". I really feel you on that one.

    Congrats on the all girl class. Was that intentional, are did the guys all wus out? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @combatsprtsreviewblog The all girls class was not intentional it was just the way things worked out that day. It is not a very large class so if two or three guys all miss on the same day an all girls class can happen quite easily.

    @Lazy_Man, I am keeping an eye out for your book. I have heard great things about it.

    ReplyDelete